Do you work in the financial, retail or professional services sector and would you like to find out more about the cyber threat landscape and developments, specified at ransomware?
If so please register for the Virtual Expert Lunch on 25 January. The theme of this lunch session is ‘Ransom; to pay or not to pay shouldn’t be the question’. The aim is to exchange knowledge and experiences on the basis of the developments in the threat landscape and the consequences for businesses’ cyber resilience. In this session we specifically focus on ransomware. Together we will consider the question of paying the ransom, a hot topic now that governments try to reduce ransom payments and insurance companies investigate companies more and more before taking out insurance.
Lodi Hensen from the Tesorion CERT tells you about the threat landscape. Liesbeth Holterman, Cyberveilig Nederland, the organisation commited to quality and transparency in the cybersecurity sector, will look at this theme from a social perspective. Furtermore, Jaco Menne from Schouten Zekerheid will tell us more about the possibility of insuring against the consequences of a ransomware attack and whether this is wise. In the end, we will discuss this theme together.
- 11:00 – 11:10 – Introduction to the program and the speakers
- 11:10 – 11:30 – Setting the scene – insights into the threat landscape (Lodi Hensen)
- 11:30 – 11:55 – Ransomware: an individual or social problem? (Liesbeth Holterman)
- 11:55 – 12:20 – Insuring against the damage of ransomware, reasonable? (Jaco Menne)
- 12:20 – 12:45 – Round table discussion
- 12:45 – 13:00 – Conclusion
After registration we will request for your address, this is because we like to deliver a lunchbox. This option is only available in the Netherlands and you can decline this of course.